Monday 24 October 2011

Peter Barlow - Coronation Street's smoking volcano

(This post was originally posted by Seapenguin on the Coronation Street Blog in February 2011.)

Peter Barlow - he's butch, he's brooding, he's swarthy- and contrary to expectations he's got some self-control as well. For now...
I despise violence as a rule but I think I'd struggle if I found myself with an iron bar in my hand and weaselly rat-fink Nick Tilsley at my mercy.
But not Peter. No. He satisfied himself with scaring seven shades of you know what out of him. And me as well - I was petrified watching him hobbling through that dripping hell-hole of a Joinery. Somehow the crutches added to the general atmosphere of menace - a touch of the Long John Silvers maybe.
How long can this self-restraint last? Will Nick scarper to Milan or will Peter nobble him first? Just how evil is Peter going to get - or will his feelings of responsibility for Simon prevent him from going totally over the top? I don't know - I've not read the spoilers. But I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of Peter, that's for sure.
My own blog is here

2 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

That was brilliant! I really thought he was going to do it!!

Tvor said...

Nick SO had that scare coming after being the snake he has been!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...