Thursday 30 November 2017

Kana - Yay or Nay?

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog October 2017, reposted to this blog with permission.)


We've had Tilly - a ship of Todd and Billy, but what about the latest ship of Kana - Kate and Rana?

What's a ship, you say?  It's one of these, surely?


Well, yes, but these days it's also one of these:

ship

N: Short for romantic relationship, popularised in fan fiction circles.
V: To endorse a romantic relationship.

And so there you have it. I'm old and I don't say ship other than, you know, as in the phrase "I see no..."  but younger, more trendy Corrie fans than I are shipping all over the internet these days, putting characters together and chopping up their names. I'm showing my age, I know, and I can only apologise.

But what about Kate and Rana - Yay or Nay? I say Nay.






Tvor @tvordlj on Twitter

2 comments:

Daithi_c said...

Since it's a soap, Kana is bound to raise
it's ugly head, flare for the briefest of time,
and come crashing down to disaster, burning
everyone around it.

It's not love, it's just lust and the lure
of the forbidden unknown.

Anonymous said...

Nay - because so many innocent people will be deeply hurt - Zeedan and Yasmeen in particular.
I don't particularly care for Kate, I find her very immature and completely self-absorbed.
If Johnny does move to Spain, hopefully Kate will go with him.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...