Monday 5 August 2013

Corrie Canada weekly awards for July 29 - Aug. 2

Pride Goeth before a fall award: It was all about male pride this week on the Street.

Small Print award: Norris has to pay all the bills as per the contract he signed but didn't read.

Hippie award: Roy is throwing himself full force into aroma therapy, yoga and meditation.

Obnoxious award: Leave it to Tracy to be the most in-your-face of all the people winding Paul up! But really, I thought that was quite funny!

OCD award: Roy needs to know to the minute and second how long "two ticks" is. He's got a long wait. Probably longer than two ticks, I'd say. (marvellous little exchange!)

High Noon award: Rob and Peter are getting closer and closer to handbags and 20 paces

Fashion Fail award: I love Hayley's anorak. But it's July!!!

A bit previous award: Audrey thinks David's "moments" are all behind him. It's only been a week or so since the peanut incident.

Lines of the week:
Carla "Bit of a dark horse, are we, Deirdre Barlow?" Deirdre "Oh you don't know the half of it"
Dierdre " I don't take sides. Just think of me as Switzerland in glasses"
Mandy on serving Paul "What do you want me to do? Give them a Black Power salute and a chorus of We Shall Overcome"
Roy "From now on I think we should do everything necessary to reduce the stress in our lives" (Uh oh. Phrase of Doom, methinks"
Tracy "You want me to go and heck there's no black people in there? Or Asians, or Jews...or Welsh. Tell you want, draw me up a list. I am an equal opportunities troublemaker" (ain't that the truth, too!)
Rob to Tracy "You are the most evil woman I've ever met" (you might want to be scared, Rob)
Deirdre "It's a small word, but you wouldn't want to hoover it, as me mother used to say."
Hayley "I'm scared, Sylvia" (and the first of my tears fall)
Tracy "Mam, change the record" Deirdre "No. I won't"
Roy re the Tango "To me it's an exhausting blur of legs and feathers but to my wife, it's poetry in motion" (Awww isn't he lovely?)


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

1 comment:

missusmac said...

I knew the character of Haley was leaving the show, but thought it was only a temporary thing for the actress to take on another role for a bit. I am extremely sad this wonderful character has a terminal illness. This is a tough one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...