Saturday 28 February 2015

The return of the handsome man to Coronation Street

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog February 2015, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Now then, I'm a woman. I'm straight. I like watching telly and I love Coronation Street. I also like it when Coronation Street casts a man with a certain something that shines through the screen and I can think "Ooh, he's nice to watch".  

Daniel Brocklebank, who's playing Billy the vicar, has that certain something, and it's a certain something that's not been seen on Corrie for a very long time. Yes, it's finally happened, it's the return of the handsome man to Coronation Street.

I'm not one of those women who fell for the charms of so-called Corrie heart-throbs Liam Connor, Tony Gordon and Doctor Carter. All of these were too smooth, too bland for my liking.  

As were Rob Donovan and Ryan Connor, cast as muscle-pumped and ripped. Fit fellas are just not my type. Far too sweaty and vain.


Much more cuddly and warm, to my mind, was Dennis Stringer. He was fought over by Eileen and Janice, so you can see what age-range I'm coming from (!) and where my tastes lie. 


Charlie Whelan was another (vest notwithstanding).  Again, he was fought over by Bet and Tanya "evil cow" Pooley. But he caused a bit of a stir while he was on the Street.



As did Cairan McCarthy


And Peter Barlow too.


It's been a very long time since we had a proper hunk on Corrie. But with Daniel Brocklebank now on Corrie, Billy the vicar will be keeping viewers - male, female, gay, straight - entertained for some time to come.



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...