Saturday 15 February 2014

Roy's funeral speech to Hayley

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog January 2013, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Last night's Coronation Street was outstanding.  In fact, the last couple of months on Corrie has, for this fan, been the best its ever been. The drama, the writing, the acting, everything has been top class.

I can't let Roy's heartbreaking speech at Hayley's funeral go without a blog post of its own.

‘People deserve to know the truth,’ he said, standing up to address the gathered crowd. ‘I’m sorry, but they do.

‘The truth … the truth is, she was not perfect. She was flawed. She was real.

She was my light, my beautiful coruscating light. My life was a dark corner and she came into it. I could see. I could see the world with her. I understood life. I understood love. She was my constant, my comfort, my compass. 

Hayley was my truth, without her, I … ‘

And then he faltered and could speak no more.

And just when I thought I couldn't be further moved, they had to go and show Norris and Mary dancing in the back yard at the Rovers and I cracked up just a little more.





Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...