Thursday 13 February 2014

What do we think of Corrie's Kal so far?


(This post was originally posted by Graeme N on the Coronation Street Blog in January 2013.)

Kal Nazir has now been on our screens for a good few weeks so I thought I would ask the question - what do you think of him so far?


So far we've seen Kal bond with Dev and attempt to help Nick through his current difficulties. We've also seen him attract the attentions of Stella and Come to Deirdre, although I'm sure I'm not the only one who sees the beginnings of a spark with the newly separated Leanne. 

The Corrie writers have done a good job of involving Kal with the Corrie community and now a new gym is planned, that's bound to continue. Really though, can you see the likes of Kirk and Beth pounding the treadmills?

Some might say that Kal has been presented as an overly cheerful character, although we do know he is a widower with children so there is bound to be drama to be had there. We also know that the rest of the Nazirs will be introduced gradually this year and it will be interesting to see how Corrie handles their first Muslim family

I must confess I am slightly biased in my opinions where Kal is concerned as I've always had a soft spot for actor Jimi Mistry. 

However, I'm interested in your views. Do you like what you've seen so far? Are you looking forward to seeing the rest of his family onscreen? And who on the street do you think Kal should be partnered off with?


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like him. As for the cheerful part - we see him with clients and potential clients, so he probably should present himself as a positive person. (Not to mention that his endorphins are probably kicking in all the time!)

Anonymous said...

please please get rid of Kal, Alya, Zeedan, Yasmeen and Sharif. Don't like any of their storey lines or their acting abilities. Yasmeen reminds me of a screamee me me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...