(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog in June, 2010, reposted to this blog with permission.)
Is Gail guilty? Will she go to jail? Would Coronation Street get rid of an actress who's been with them more than 30 years? I mean, you know, was there ever any doubt?
Anyway, here's why she SHOULD be locked up!
1. For crimes against haircuts over the years
2. For being daft enough to marry the wrong man, over and over and over again.
3. For marrying Brian Tilsley – twice
4. For fighting Eileen Grimshaw in the street, in a very bad dressing gown
5. For letting son David Platt push her around - and down the stairs
6. For bringing David Platt into the world
7. For not having the nerve to ever stand up to her evil mum-in-law Ivy Tilsley
8. Because her golden sons, the Plattilsley boys, can never do anything wrong
9. For being totally thick where men are concerned
10. All of the above
And 2 reasons why she has to go free to roam Coronation Street again:
1. She’s innocent
2. She's Gail... and she’s great