Did you spot the gentleman above when he appeared on Monday night's Coronation Street? He walked into Audrey's salon and Bethany gave him some of her cheek. Needless to say, he walked out again.
The salon customer was played by actor Anthony Schaeffer and his role on Monday night marked his record-breaking 14th credited role in the programme.
His first was back in 1980 as the doctor who declared Renee Roberts dead.Since then he's also gone on to play fourteen roles as follows:
- Dr Edwards who tried to treat the mortally injured Renee Roberts in July 1980
- PC Leach who breathalysed Jack Duckworth in October 1984
- Insurance agent Mr Fletcher in October 1986
- Councillor Peter Blackstone in September 1990
- Solicitor Dennis Gaskell in November of the same year
- Rep Henry Barnes in April 1992
- Car salesman John Marsh in June 1993
- Another car salesman called Malcolm Teeson in August 1995
- A Court Clerk at the trial of Jez Quigley in August 2000
- A Police Sergeant in January 2001
- A Desk Sergeant in August 2001
- Solicitor James Brentnall in February 2003
- Teacher Mr Dyer in May 2004.
- A Male Client in Audrey's who was insulted by Bethany Platt in February 2018.
His other roles include parts in The Mallens, The Sandbaggers, Strangers, G.B.H., Crown Court, First Among Equals, The New Statesman, The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes, Prime Suspect, In Suspicious Circumstances, Emmerdale and Heartbeat.
In the late 1980s he conducted phone-in shows on Manchester's Piccadilly Radio.
With thanks to Corriepedia for this wonderful news.
Anthony Schaeffer's fourteen roles in Corrie beats even Dave Dutton's ten roles. You can find out more about Dave Dutton's Corrie roles here.
Tvor @tvordlj on Twitter