Monday 28 July 2014

Charlie Condou reveals why he's leaving Coronation Street

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog February 2013, reposted to this blog with permission.)

There's a long interview in today's Mirror with Charlie Condou, who talks about leaving his role as Marcus Dent in Coronation Street.

Charlie says he decided to leave Corrie to spend more time with his family.  Charlie says: “It was just getting too difficult. Georgia is at an age now where she was saying, ‘How long are you away for this week?’ and ‘When are you going to be back Daddy?’ At my busiest I was getting home late on a Friday night and going back to Manchester on Sunday afternoon. I just wasn’t getting that time with my kids.”

So Charlie, who plays Corrie midwife Marcus Dent, will leave the show this summer.  The Mirror says that Marcus' departure will see him embroiled in a love triangle with Maria and Todd.

“It just gets darker and darker and I imagine Marcus and Todd will end up together,” says Charlie “This is soap and Marcus and Maria was never going to end well. There was going to be no happy ever after.”

Charlie reveals: “The producer said the door would be left open, so Marcus isn’t going to be killed off. That’s always a really nice thing to hear. I’m not under any illusions and saying I’m off to Hollywood. Obviously I want to do other things, but it’s nice to know that I could go back in the future.”

Read the full interview here.



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...