Saturday 19 July 2014

Who's your all time favourite Corrie male?

(This post was originally posted by Llifon on the Coronation Street Blog in May 2014.)


A couple of weeks ago, I asked you for your all time favourite Corrie female, and you can still leave your answers. 

Well today I'm asking you for your all time favourite Corrie male. Just leave your comments below and it'll be interesting to find out who comes out on top for you.

I have a few favourites, with the likes of Ken, Norris, Len Fairclough, Fred Elliott and Roy close to the top. But my all-time favourite has to be good old "by 'eck" Alf Roberts. One of the stalwarts of the show, he is often underrated because he was ordinary. Well-remembered for being the corner shop owner and for his work on the council and mayor, Alf was also a Rovers regular, propping up the bar for many years with his best pal Len. Not your usual womaniser, Alf was wed three times. While we didn't see his first wife Phyllis, he married Renee in 1978 and Audrey in 1985. It was his marriage to Audrey that we all remember, with their clashing personalities and Alf being tight-fisted while Audrey was the traditional gad-about. 

And of course there was his trilby hat!

And that's why Alf is my favourite!

Who's yours? Well, leave your comments below!

I did a tribute to Alf over a year ago, and you can read it here.


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would have made out with Liam, but married Curly :)

Unknown said...

I'll pick one who is still part of the Corrie family, thank heavens. My favourite is Steve. He is, by far, the most entertaining in my eyes. I wait to see what he's up to every episode. He's always getting himself in trouble but his heart is in the right place and he's so comical.

Anonymous said...

Steve is my favourite, but Percy Sugdin is close second.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...