(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog January 2018, reposted to this blog with permission.)
When Toyah Battersby came back to the cobbles, many fans commented on her dress sense and even though she did look a bit 'Sapphire and Steel', with the polar neck and pendant combos, I still bloody love Leanne's sister and here's why.
1. She is in a Vegan club. This is used for comedy and it does make you smile, when the gang arrive, pulses and all. But, I love the fact that Toyah is health conscious and that she cares about bigger issues than the pumps running dry.
2. She has counselling certs. Again, this provides comedy, as Toyah manages to get it into many conversations, but beyond the gags, she cares deeply about people. True, she thinks she can be the 'fixer', but it beats being the home wrecker!
3. Her sense of humour. Every now and then, Toyah comes out with something very sharp and witty. And it provides the perfect balance to some of the more emotive storylines she has been involved in. More later.
4. Her desire to be a mum. I know the Eva keeping the baby a secret story is stretching things, but Toyah's attempts to have a baby have been heartbreakingly real. Georgia Taylor has been fantastic and you really feel her pain.
5. She's a good all-rounder. The perfect sister, a down to earth aunt, an understanding partner, and a loyal and brilliant friend. If Toyah was related to you, or she was your pal, she would have your back all of the time.
Georgia Taylor is underrated in my book, as she truly understands what makes Toyah tick. And she is an absolute joy to watch. Toyah's clobber? Well, she is unique and I welcome her wearing hemp and other vegan friendly items, because Toyah is my favourite!
By Glenn Meads
Tvor @tvordlj on Twitter