Thursday 23 February 2012

Are you warming to Stella Price yet? (minor spoiler)

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog August 2011, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Dodgy accents aside, Michelle Collins is a good actress but I'm not warming at all to the character of Stella Price and this fan sees her involvement in the rape storyline as a ploy to get her on side with the fans. And while she's a decent actress, Michelle Collins seems to be on a hiding to nothing trying to act against the Coronation Street quality that is Jane Danson and Chris Gascoyne (Leanne and Peter). Even little Simon Barlow steals Stella's scenes.

In another bid to give Stella Price another high profile storyline, The Sun reports that Stella will emphathise with Carla Connor's rape horror by revealing she's been raped in the past. 

I don't know, but this smacks to me of pushing Stella to the front of the show again, as much as possible and trying to force us fans to like her.

Anyone else actually enjoying watching the character of Stella Price on screen yet?

6 comments:

Heather said...

I do like her, and have ever since she showed up. I can't understand why everyone is so against her. If anything it's Eva (Ava?) that I can't stand, stroppy madame!

Tvor said...

Eva certainly isn't very likeable but the actress is good. I'm not even keen on Michelle Collins as an actress and I don't think she's a strong enough character to be landlady.

Anonymous said...

I like her, too, as both character and actress. I don't peek ahead, so I had no idea she was Leanne's mother. I guessed right away, as the actress has affected so many of Leanne's mannerisms. The only thing I don't like about the storyline is the whole family moving into the pub. Maybe it's the 5 hours a week thing, but things seem to be moving way too fast.

Tvor said...

I think it's partly the 5 hours a week but it also seems like Stella is being pushed to the forefront more than necessary before we've really got to know her.

Rebecca said...

I don't like her at all. She seems to be right in the middle of every story on the Street. I do snoop around the UK blog so I knew she would survive getting hit by the car, but somehow I still wanted her to not make it. LOL!

I guess I just don't buy the whole character. I don't believe she would have been involved with Les Battersby, I don't buy that she would stay away from her daughter for 30 years because of Les and his mother, I don't buy that everyone in the pub tells her their deepest secrets, and I find her to be a bigger busy body than Norris Cole. Somehow Norris manages to be one of those characters I love to dislike, but Stella does not.

Tvor said...

I think with Stella it is too much too soon. I do think that with her staying away so long, the longer it went, the harder it was to reveal herself plus her new fella and daughter didn't know anything about it. We don't know who Eva's father was, because it wasn't Karl, and we don't know any of her history other than Les and that rape. You need to get to know a character before they're thrown into the thick of things.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...