Wednesday 16 April 2014

Goodbye Stella


(This post was originally posted by Graeme N on the Coronation Street Blog in April 2014, reposted with permission.)

So tonight we bid Stella Price farewell. I've never been a fan of the character and I've written at length about this on this very blog in the past. However I don't have anything against Michelle Collins and I wish her well for the future.

I never questioned acting abilities. My beef was always with the over-exposure of Stella from the off. She was railroaded into every scene going, holier than thou and sticking her beak in to matters that didn't concern her. The arrival of her horrid mother did nothing for the character although I'm glad daughter Eva is staying on.

The lowest point was Stella's involvement in Betty's exit storyline. It was just plain jarring on every level and did no favours to what should have been a wonderful tribute to 42 years of Corrie gold.

The Rovers Return is now much more watchable with the McDonalds in charge. Perhaps it could have worked out differently if Stella hadn't been forced down our gobs from the word go. Who knows? 

Anyway, best of luck to both Stella and Michelle.




Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...