Saturday 27 August 2016

Ian Kelsey reveals all about Coronation Street's Vinny Ashford

In this week's TV Times magazine there's an excellent interview with actor Ian Kelsey.

Ian turned up this week in Coronation Street as Pat Phelan's mate Vinny Ashford.

Ian says Vinny is an old-fashioned confidence trickster. "He may be nice to people and buy them a pint, but there's always an ulterior motive."

Vinny, who has been in cahoots with Phelan before, hopes to find investors daft enough to part with their cash for his latest building project.  "They'll probably find the buildings never go up," Ian tells TV Times.

Ian says he's always wanted to be on the cobbles. "There have been a few opportunities in the past, but I couldn't take them, so I was chuffed to bits when this came up. My late mum was a massive Coronation Street fan and I thought of her when I walked on the set. I know she's up there smiling down at me."

And it looks like Vinny is set to stay on the soap for a little while. Ian says: "I'm around for a while, as Vinny's story has a definite arc, but it could lead to more."

It all sounds intrguing and while I was writing this up for the blog, I was thinking who would be gullibe enough to fall for a handsome con-man.

There was just one name who popped straight into my mind...!





Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...