Wednesday 13 September 2017

New character Angie Appleton: "She's a warrior woman!"

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog August 2017, reposted to this blog with permission.)


Next week on Coronation Street we'll see Mary's son Jude return to the show. And with him, he brings his wife Angie and their son.  Angie will be played by Victoria Ekanoye and you can read more about her here.

In an interview with Metro online, Victoria speaks about joining Coronation Street and what lies ahead for Mary's new family in Weatherfield.

Victoria says that Angie is "a warrior woman".  She says: "She's quite feisty and opinionated – and a little sarcastic! She really sticks up for what she believes in and isn’t fooled by anyone – but at the same time, she is very loving too. She does work and since becoming a mum, she misses that side of things and is eager to get back to that normality, but at the same time, she adores her baby and husband, she loves the family aspect."

As a huge Coronation Street fan, Victoria said that she screamed with her mum when she heard she'd been given the role. "I was born up here and it’s an institution and has been for so long with all my family and friends so it’s so surreal to sit in the Rovers and look at these faces I saw on television as a child. I feel like all the hard work has really paid off because I couldn’t wish for it to be any better.
Also, the fanbase is incredible and the demographic is huge – I can’t quite believe my luck!

"My mum is so excited – she has actually organised a party for next weekend! She’s invited about 40 or 50 people so I have no idea where everyone is going to sit but she is going to play the episode during the party! It’s going to be surreal but I am really looking forward to seeing it."

You can read the full interview here.






Tvor @tvordlj on Twitter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...