Wednesday 5 June 2013

Time to get rid of rancid Rob?


(This post was originally posted by Graeme N on the Coronation Street Blog in May 2013.)

There are characters that we love to hate. And there are characters that we just hate. Rob Donovan is definitely the latter as far as I'm concerned. There are some characters that get under my skin thanks to good storylines, sharp characterisation and brilliant performances. Rob sadly isn't in any of these categories.

I just can't stick him one little bit. Ryan Connor is bad enough, but Rob is just plain awful. I expected a whole lot more from one of Carla's siblings than what's been delivered so far. He's irritating, smug and big headed. The storylines he's involved in are poor and he really does have to go. I keep waiting for something to happen that makes his presence acceptable  or worth the screen time, but I'm not holding my breath.

As for his relationship with Tracy Barlow. Need I say more?

I also think these factory storylines are wearing rather thin. Some people question whether a factory like that would still exist in a back street in 2013. Whatever you think of that, what goes on at Underworld is a very poor imitation of the glory days of Baldwin's Casuals. I've always liked Carla, but please spare us any more of the dreadful Michelle. I still don't buy her amazing business acumen. Where did that come from?

Anyway, my main beef is with the truly awful Rob. I say he serves no purpose so the powers that be should get rid. Do you agree? Let's have your thoughts on Rob Donovan.



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

3 comments:

Shan said...

When they first put him on screen, I felt like they got him but didn't know what to do with him at all. It seems like after, what, a year? that they've just figured what they can do with him. Not sure if it's in time though.

Unknown said...

Yes, he is not that great, poor story lines BUT whoever put the actor playing Ryan as Michelle's son ....well, just awful, he is like cardboard, no acting skill at all!
Changing the old Ryan for this new one was a HUGE mistake...

Anonymous said...

Time for Rob to go and take vile Tracey with him. Michelle can go as well all she does in the factory is roll her eyes and make sarcastic remarks. The factory is so outdated time to get rid and replace it with something more up-to-date like a call centre or supermarket where the locals could get jobs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...