If you remember, last year I had a series of posts looking at the top 12 faces of each Corrie decade - the 1960s, the 1970s, the 1980s, the 1990s and the 2000s. For the next 10 weeks or so, I’ll be looking at the top 12 faces of each year between 1960 and 2013.
With thanks to Corriepedia for the information.
In 2002, 223 episodes were broadcast.
1. Shelley Unwin (153 episodes)
2. Gail Platt/Hillman (150 episodes)
3. Richard Hillman (138 episodes)
4. Audrey Roberts (134 episodes)
5. Steve McDonald (128 episodes)
6. Sarah Platt (123 episodes)
7. Ken Barlow (115 episodes)
8. Dev Alahan (112 episodes)
9. Geena Gregory (109 episodes)
10. Karen McDonald (108 episodes)
11. Fred Elliott (106 episodes)
12. Kevin Webster (104 episodes)
Average age: 39
Note: To date, this is Ken’s last appearance in the top 12. He currently holds the record of being in the top 12 for the most years: 29 out of a possible 54. And for 11 years, there hasn’t been an original character in the top 12 – the biggest gap in the history of the show. This is, to date, the last time Geena appears in the top 12 and the only time Richard appears.
Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook