Friday 22 May 2015

My favourite Coronation Street scene, ever

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog April 2015, reposted to this blog with permission.)

This is my favourite Coronation Street scene, ever.  It was after Sharon Gaskell had jilted Ian Bentley at the altar on their wedding day. She'd found he'd been having an affair with that well-known husband-pincher (and at the time, a grieving widow) Natalie Barnes.

Sharon stormed out of the church before she could say 'I do' to Ian, ran down the aisle and out into the frosty cold air. She found her way back to the Rovers to yell and scream at Natalie 'You've ruined my life!' before Betty tried to console with her with a brandy. But Sharon wouldn't be consoled, and Sally shepherded her out of the Rovers and away from Natalie, the woman who had caused her so much pain when she had her fling with Kevin years before.

The reason I'm posting this today is that I've just found the scene on an old episode of Corrie that I was watching. It's from March 1999 and the scene where Sally and Sharon emerge from the Rovers, I remember at the time, was one that had me in tears. It was the beauty of the shot, the two women united in their hatred for harlot Natalie, Sharon in her wedding dress and veil, and the snow falling softly, adding a freezing cold edge to an already bitter day.

When I found the scene today, it brought the beauty of it all back and I knew I had to rewind it and pause, take it all in again, and then here I am sharing it with you now too.

If there is one screen-grab that sums up your favourite Coronation Street scene, do please email it in with a few paragraphs about what makes it so special to you. I'd love to hear all about it.  And now, I think I'm going to console myself with a brandy.




Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...