Sunday 11 September 2011

Who would you like to see survive the Corrie tram crash?


(This post was originally posted by seapenguin on the Coronation Street Blog November, 2010, reposted to this blog with permission.)

It's getting closer to T-day (Tram day), the rumours are flying and we're all thinking about it.

I was going to ask, who would you like to see killed off in the forthcoming tram crash, but quite frankly I couldn't bring myself to do it.

I'm quite fond of most of the Coronation Street characters, and I'm not keen on seeing any of them killed, maimed, or emotionally traumatised. I also enjoy a pot of tea and a jam ring while I'm watching, and they don't go well with a "bloodbath".

So, I've given the question a positive spin.

My own survivors would be - ALL of the "oldies" - Emily, Betty, Rita, Norris, Audrey, Ken, Deirdre. Deirdre's not a real "oldie" but she's of that ilk. I'm gutted that Jack and Liz are out, even before the crash. Enough already with the older ones.

I'd also keep Steve McDonald, Lloyd, Eileen, all the Barlow clan except Tracy - only we know she's definitely returning for a bust up on Christmas Eve (yawn) and including Leanne - all the Websters, all the Platt clan including Nick, Carla, Fiz (love Fiz!), Stape, Chesney, Owen, Jason, and all the Windasses including evil uncle Len who I really wish would re-appear at some point. I'd quite like Dev to stay - IF they can "stabilise" the character. Beyond that, I'm not that bothered. Mind you that's practically the whole cast!

I'm hoping that the crash isn't going to be total carnage, but, on the other hand, I hope it isn't going to be a let-down after all this build up.  I feel like one of these old women, knitting gleefully beside the guillotine!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...