Tuesday 11 September 2012

Mikey North reveals his hidden talent

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog August 2012, reposted to this blog with permission.)

There are few Coronation Street actors who have captured my imagination as much as Mikey North, who plays Gary Windass, has.  In my opinion, Mikey is a top actor playing a fantastic character and is one of Corrie's treasures.  Gary's relationship with Izzy, played by Cherylee Houston, is one of the things I'm enjoying most about Corrie right now.

In this week's fab Inside Soap magazine there's an interview with Mikey North in which he reveals that his favourite place to film on the Corrie set is the Windass living room. He says that Steve Huison, who played Eddie Windass, left a dodgy weird clown as a prop in that room.  "He loved clowns, did Steve," says Mikey.  I think I'll have to keep an eye out for that one next time they're showing a scene in the Windass house!

Mikey says he loves working with Debbie Rush, who plays Gary's mum Anna Windass; that he keeps in touch with the mentor from the Royal British Legion who worked with him during filming of Gary's Army Diaries; and that if he hadn't been in Corrie he'd be studying to be a lawyer.

Asked what he thinks Corrie fans would be surprised to learn about him, he says "I suppose cricket would be my hidden talent.  I played for Yorkshire when I was 15 and to quite a high level as well."




Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...