Sunday 25 March 2012

Charlie Condou signs new Corrie contract to March 2013

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog December 2011, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Charlie Condou, who plays the fab Marcus Dent on Coronation Street, has signed a new Coronation Street contract that will keep him on the cobbles until March 2013.  I think this is excellent news. Charlie is a great actor and Marcus a wonderful character.

In Charlie's weekly column in The Guardian, The Three of Us, he writes today: "This week I also made the biggest commitment of my professional life. I've signed for another year on Coronation Street, taking me right through to March 2013.


As an actor it's rare to have anything like job security, so knowing where I'm going to be working for the next 15 months is not something I've experienced before. It feels right, though. With the new baby coming it's great knowing that I have that bit of security. The only downside is that I'm based in Manchester a lot of the time, and it can be hard sometimes to be away from the family. It's a small price to pay though, and we've managed to make it work without problems so far."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...