Saturday 4 July 2015

Coronation Street on Google Maps


This really made me smile today! I was perusing Google Maps, as you do, when I spotted a label for Media City.

I zoomed in a bit and saw "ITV Coronation Street" so I zoomed in a bit more. This is what the detail looks like on Google maps, complete with building outlines and the little icons for shops and the pub.

The icons are not all in the right places, if you want to be pedantic about it and there's pieces missing or misplaced. (i.e. the Rovers Return is on the other end of that block of buildings, and the layout isn't exact). I think that's because when you look at the actual Google Earth view, the photo was taken when the site was under construction, and fairly early on so a lot of the buildings weren't in place yet.

I still got a kick out of seeing it with the Google icons and the street layout map just like it was a real neighbourhood!

I'll just get me coat.



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...