Monday 14 November 2011

Corrie Canada weekly awards: Nov. 7 - 11


Force to be Reckoned With Award: Gold Star: Liz quite rightly tore a massive strip off Steve and Becky.

Twilight Zone Award: Gold Star: Liz probably does feel like she landed in another world. But hey, doesn't anyone phone or text the news? There's no way she wouldn't have been keeping or kept in touch.

Short Memory Award: Vacant Star: Deirdre can't remember the last time she got dressed up. Wedding? Peter and Leanne?

Ambient song of the week "There Goes My Everything" while Claudia was moaning about her "cheating" Marc.

Interfering Parents Award: Gold Star: Owen tried to yank the flat out from under Katy and Ches.

Coward Award: Yellow Star: Marc and his explanations about his life. His sister? Really?

Fashion award of the Week: Liz's Red and Black Bolero look!

Stirring the pot award: Gold Star: I know that Liz has enough reason to hate Becky but there was no point poking her with a sharp stick either. Leading to...

Blame shifting award: Gold Star: Liz makes out that it's not her fault that Becky went mad at her. But Liz provoked it on purpose.


Team Sally Vs Team Kevin - Brilliant stuff.

Double weddings need love too award: Gold Star: Why wouldn't a double wedding be just as nice as a single couple one? Gail should try it next time. It might stick! 

White knight award? Gold Star: Trevor's back and magically fancies Janice, whisking her away. Good luck luv.
Silver Star: Jim's back (Yay!) He still fancies Liz and would love to wisk her away.

Fashion "Damn!" award:(meaning, Damn, that's a great coat!) Julie's red coat.

Insincere award: Gold Star: Not much of an apology from Maria, I agree.

Blast from the Past award: Paper star: Roy has a letter from his mother and he's not happy about it.

You win some award: Kevin won the lottery, and might lose half of it to Sally. And he's got a Blackmail Award: You get half the money if you stay married to me.

You lose some award: The tickets Kevin bought would have been Steve's.

Dog Rough award: And you thought Becky looked bad drunk. Here's Liz the morning after!


Lines of the week:

Liz: "That's what you get for murder these days, is it? A mini-break?"
Deirdre: "My two favourite women in one place!"
Tracy "I know my place "Liz "Behind him with a blunt object"
Tracy about Maria: "Next to me? Shrek... on steroids"
Steve: "I am SO tired of this!" (nightmares of Karen?)
Frank to Tracy: "I don't know about hard work, but you're no chore to look at" (Hard work? she's not hard work at all. Snap your fingers and she's in your bed!)
Jim to Steve "You disappoint me, so you do" Steve "Makes up for all the times you disappointed me!" (ow!)
Maria: "I had to swallow that much pride I nearly threw up!"
Liz: "I blame myself, really" (I do too, you shouldn't have been gone for months and months)
Becky (of course) to Liz: "You think you're the Queen of the Rovers? You're not, you're a tart with a bus pass!"
Gail about David "He used to be very bright. Goodness knows what happened!"
Trev: "Being a binman has lost some of it's allure." (There's an allure?)
Liz to Jim: "What happened between us in Spain....." (What??????)
Tracy: "I might not be a saint but I don't stagger around drunk picking fights with people" Steve: "No you just off them when they get on yer nerves!" (and spineless Steve actually apologized to her for it.)
Tracy: "It was a joke, Gail. You remember them? You should do, you've given birth to enough of them!"
Tyrone "My work here is done"
Sally: "This divorce is off!" (Well, Kevin, you *did* want to stay married but blackmail isn't really the way, and don't get your hopes up!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Steve, stuck in the middle playing peacemaker all the time.

Anonymous said...

"What happened between us in Spain"....I was SO happy to hear that! I love Jim and Liz together.

Liz has had some horrible paramours over the years (although I like Lloyd, that storyline wasn't believable) and it makes me happy just seeing the original couple back together.

...I do miss Jim's old Toronto Blue Jays t-shirt though...

Tvor said...

I always liked Jim and Liz together as well, there's terrific chemistry between the actors as well.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...