Friday 4 November 2011

Graeme Proctor - From Hero to Zero?

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog March 2011, reposted to this blog with permission.)

There's many facets to Graeme Proctor on  Coronation Street. Crazy fire starter, garden doctor, nutter in the hats with his home-spun philosophy and friend to David Platt.

And now, he’s – well, what?

Getting him together with Tina might have looked good on paper but he’s had a sense of humour by-pass since he got loved up. He’s not mad, bad and fun to watch any more. He’s just a bit sad. And now they’re marrying him off to a Chinese girl we’re supposed to care about - and don’t, what’s to become of our favourite Corrie bloke?

It seems it’s not just me who’s not enjoying this Graeme and Xin storyline. After asking Corrie fans on twitter it looks like there’s a lot of unhappy fans over this Xin storyline.

And following on to the following blog post by Rebecca:

I've got a few problems with the current Graeme/Tina/Xin triangle.

Firstly, I agree that the wedding probably won't happen as it's currently being talked about, because Corrie won't want to be seen condoning something so illegal, especially when it involves a much-loved character like Graeme. Secondly, I think it's a shame that it's likely to be Craig Gazey's last big story. Thirdly, although I am all for a more ethnically-diverse Corrie cast, I don't like the way that Xin has gone from being a literal nobody to a somebody within a short space of time. Fourthly, when did Tina become such a harridan?

I loved Tina and thought she was a breath of fresh air when she first came around. I think the actress is amazing and I loved Tina's scenes with Joe and her dealing with Joe's death. But a few months ago she started wearing her hair in a high ponytail and it seems like a personality change came with that, along with her new job in the Rovers. I don't like Tina anymore and I wish she was leaving instead of Graeme.

I thought the break up scene last night between Graeme and Tina in the pub was laughable. Xin, for instance, didn't join in, which I found unrealistic, and she was smiling the entire time, which I didn't think was helpful. Graeme was on the verge of laughter too, although I couldn't work out if that was Craig corpsing or not.

I think that the rumours about Graeme and Tina breaking up for good are probably true, especially given Graeme's jibe about her dad, which may just be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...