Monday 7 November 2011

Corrie Canada weekly awards: Oct. 31 - Nov. 4


Unforgiven award: Gold Star: It'll be a long time before the Alahans forgive Becky, or before she forgives herself. But...

Hypocrite of the week award: Tie: Dev and Sunita drinking in the bar 5 minutes after disowning McDonalds as "friends" and Owen making up with Eileen after the damage has already been done.

Popup Shop award: Gold Foil Star: They were picking out fixtures a few days ago and now the shop is fixtured up, stocked and ready to open?

Smitten award: Gold Star: Kylie and David? Really? and he proposed by text? Nice.

Irresponsible Award: Gold Star: What was Carla thinking sending Maria to do a job with a client when she's totally inexperienced and unprepared!

Privacy Award: Cloaked Star: It always amazes me how some conversations 10 feet away at normal voice are unheard and some 30 feet away are earwigged with no problems, all dependent on storyline needs.

Curiosity killed the Cat award: Gold Star: Tracy is just dying to find out what happened between Becky and Sunita, using all gossip sources she can.

True Colours award: Gold Star: David exposed as a liar, again, and Kylie keeping up the family tradition of lashing out.

Collywobbles award: Shaky Star: Sophie gets top marks for getting wobbly, right off the roof. Rita gets a few, as does Sunita, having to go back into the flat / shop after nearly dying in each. Fiz is having some as well, having to cope with Hope at home on her own.

I didn't need that image Award: Eddie's underpants, described as seeing better days "but beggars can't be choosers" (ugh)

Are you on the same page award: Gold Star: What was with Xin's smug and gleeful grinning during Tina and Graeme's breakup?
Silver Star: I thought Kevin didn't want to have anything to do wtih Rosie?

New Image award: Gold Star: Of course Sally didn't get her hair done at Audrey's. It actually looks different!

Decorating Fail award: Dingy star: Xin redecorated the flat with a herd of cats. Big ones, little ones, wall covering ones, cushion covering ones. Overkill much?

Contrite award: Gold Star: Kevin and Sally. Now will you pay attention to Sophie? Probably not.
Silver Star: Norris renamed the shop back to the Kabin.

Green eyes award: Jealous Star: I think Kylie wasn't too pleased to hear about David and Tina, especially now she's "single" so Kylie made sure David was about to be ball and chained.
And Sophie is jealous of Sian's new friend.

Lines of the week:
Janice "First we've got an ex-barmaid lording it over us and now an ex-hairdresser"
Mary "Every man deserves a banger on his birthday"
David "I'm a firm believer in marraige. The more the merrier, I reckon. Wonder where I get that from?"
Norris "When you've worked in news for as long as I have . . ." Tracy "You sell knitting magazines"
Kylie "No way!!!" Gail "Way." (cracked me up that did!)
David "I wonder what she's wearing" Audrey "I'm not really acquainted with a cage dancer. Very little I should think"
Sean watching David and Kylie snog "It's like watching a snake trying to swallow it's own tail!"
Kylie "Poker Face. That's your song playing, Gail!"
Frank "I wasn't trying to catch you with your knickers down"(like hell you weren't)
Audrey "In the cut throat world of coiffure there are no friends"
Maria "I thought I'd be filing, not negotiating a major contract before dinnertime!" (which is why this storyline is so ludicrous)
Gail about the impending nuptuals "Buy a hat? I'll eat it first!"
Rita "Excuse me while I drag my crumbling carcas up the road. This geriatric needs somewhere to sink her dentures fast!"
Fiz about John "He's depressed not psychotic!" Janice (muttering) "That's a matter of opinion"
Sophie "I'm not part of His flock anymore. I'm a lost sheep!" (poor lamb)
Kevin "I'll never let it kick off like this again" (and promptly did)
Fraeme "She's the Yin to my Yang, the stud to my muffin"
Tracy "It wasn't me brawling in the street!" Lloyd "Yeah, well it makes a change"
Becky "Kylie Platt. Sounds like flaming rhymin' slang!" (HAH!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...