Sunday 26 April 2015

Sue Cleaver training to be a psychotherapist

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog March 2015, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Sue Cleaver, who plays Coronation Street's Eileen Grimshaw, is training to become a psychotherapist.

In an interview with Soaplife magazine, Sue said: "I have it constantly - once a week. I've learned so much about myself by doing it, and it really has changed my life.

"It has given me complete understanding of certain behaviour - why we react in the way we do. It can't help but affect every relationship in your life. I get excited about having therapy each week. It's a bit like going to the gym, but for your mind.

"I've always been fascinated by the good it can do. Personally, I think it should be mandatory. It's a great confidence builder. I am qualified to take clients and have another 18 months to go before I can finish my four-year course in Analysis Psychotherapy at the Manchester Institute for Psychotherapy. It's hard work fitting it in with Corrie, but I love it."

Sue said that her Coronation Street fame does not impact her sessions with clients.

She said: "It is maybe a bit weird for them at first, but once we start talking, they forget all about it. The novelty wears off.

"The people come to see me when they have something they want to talk about and when they have a problem. That is what they are concerned about, not who I am."

Glenda Young 
Flaming Nora Blog / @flaming_nora




Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...