Wednesday 13 June 2012

Anne Foster - bizarrely brilliant?

(This post was originally posted by me on the Coronation Street Blog in March 2012.)
While I haven’t been enjoying the murder of Frank Foster storyline as much as I’d hoped, I have been enjoying the extra screen time that has been given to his poor mother, Anne Foster.

While I often get the impression that as a character she has only been introduced to facilitate the current storyline (in the same way that poor Amber was used and discarded now Sian has left) I can’t help but enjoy watching her.

She’s very over the top dramatically and I think she’s one step away from going completely bonkers over Frank's death but after seeing her interact more with characters such as Norris, Mary and Stella I think she’d work really well as a long-term character.

In fact I’d love to see her taking over Underworld and turning the place into an almost military style operation or becoming arch nemesis with Norris and/or Sylvia over a tiny misunderstanding that ends up getting blown way out of proportion!


So whether or not the current whodunnit will see the end of Anne or not, I for one have enjoyed her time on Coronation Street and hope that some of you have embraced her as well.

Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is an excellent actress! No question about it.

Anonymous said...

I am very happy that Corrie has attracted such mature, high-calibre talents as Gwen Taylor and Stephanie Cole, and I would love to see both of them become long-term characters.

barbee said...

I totally agree with both posters. I just loved Gwen Taylor in Heartbeat, and Stephanie Cole in many things, so to have these wonderful mature actresses in Corrie is a total bonus.

corrierules said...

All this time she has reminded me of someone, but I couldn't quite place it. Then the other night it came to me ...Eilzabeth Edwards, the late wife of disgraced presidential candidate John Edwards. Anyone else see it?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...