Saturday 17 December 2011

Apostrophe Catastrophe on Corrie


Call me a pedant, call me picky but I couldn't help noticing some awful apostrophe usage on Monday night's first episode of Coronation Street. A couple had been subject to a kidnap ordeal and so there should have been an apostrophe in the Weatherfield Gazette headline.

Maybe somebody realised the error when producing the banner for the billboard later on and tried to correct it but they got it wrong too as there was only one couple so the apostrophe should have gone before the 's'. I'm surprised that Norris didn't go on a rant about the state of journalism and grammar nowadays as he's just the sort of person I would expect to be a member of the Apostrophe Protection Society.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...