Monday 9 November 2015

Teen fan's wish-list for new Coronation Street Producer

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog October 2015, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Coronation Street fan Joseph has appeared on our blog before, as a fan of the week.  Here, he writes in to tell us about his wish-list for the new incoming Coronation Street producer Kate Oates, who'll take over at Corrie next year.

And now, it's over to Joseph:

"My passion grew for Corrie only 6 years ago, and I'm almost 14. However, I've seen many past Corrie episodes, documentaries and I've been to the tour. So it is safe to say I'm well-educated in the World of Weatherfield.

I started watching Corrie properly in late 2009 and I loved it. Don't get me wrong I still love it, but as there were very few positives of Stuart Blackburn's tenure as Producer, I felt bored. Silly castings and the less than underwhelming storylines, irritated me. I did watch all the episodes in his reign though and I'm now looking forward to some outstanding stories and new characters from Kate Oates.

My Wish List for the new Corrie producer is as follows:

1) Less airtime for the Platts.
2) Bring back the older generation.
3) Dev to sell the shop and No. 7 and take the kids to live in India with him and his family.
4) Tone down Gail.
5) Sally and Tim not to break up after the LIVE and instead have a great married life with lots of humour.
6) Izzy and Gary to get back together.
7) Axe the Nazirs (except Zeedan).
8) Bring in a new family to take over the Corner Shop.
9) More airtime for Craig, Chesney, Beth, Kirk and Sinead.
10) Nick and Carla to get married!

Please comment your views on Kate Oates' appointment as new Producer. Also, what would your own Wish List be?

Thanks,
Joseph - Guest Corrie Blogger



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...