Wednesday 22 February 2017

Jennie McAlpine on getting wed and Corrie Scotch eggs

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog January 2016, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Jennie McAlpine is really lovely, as anyone who has met her will vouch.  And the Coronation Street actress recently wed her financee Chris Farr in private away from the media, because, she says, she didn't want all the fuss. And who can blame her?

Jennie was interviewed on ITV's Loose Women this week. She explained that she and Chris Farr were married at at Trafford town hall with just two witnesses because she ‘didn’t want to be the centre of attention’

'In the registry office in Manchester, our name was there and it was there for 28 days and nobody saw,' Jennie said. 'People have said to me, "weren’t your friends really annoyed?" and I thought that’s a really odd thing to say. But no, I haven’t got any friends that are annoyed at me. I love a good wedding and I hope I’m invited to lots of them, I hope this doesn’t mean I don’t get invited!'


Jennie also revealed some behind-the-scenes gossip about being filmed when eating. She said that Mikey North, who plays Gary Windass had a scene where he had to eat a Scotch egg and they did 16 takes - so he had to eat 16 Scotch Eggs, poor lad. 




NEW! Coronation Street Blog - the book.
A must for all Corrie fans!


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...