Monday 4 January 2016

Corrie Christmas wish list - Cath Tyldesley

CATH TYLDESLEY - CHRISTMAS Q&A 2015



Will your character be having a merry Christmas this year?
Yes, I think the thought of Christmas depresses her a little bit because she’s single and she doesn’t know what she’s going to do. But actually things take a bit of a positive turn and there’ll be a lot of heavy flirting between Eva and Aidan.

Make a NY resolution for Eva…
To find true love and meet the man of her dreams. That’s always her resolution, she’s an old romantic at heart.

What’s your favourite Christmas board game?
Trivial pursuit, we play it every year.

What’s your Christmas tipple?
Champagne!

Turkey or otherwise?
Turkey, all the way!

Where’s your favourite place to spend Christmas?
Wherever my family are. It is usually at my parents but now I have acquired Tom’s family too - so as long as I’m surrounded by family it doesn’t matter where I am.

Best Christmas tip?
Start shopping early! If I see things throughout the year that I know are perfect for people, I’ll buy them there and then. It’s never too early - it can be anytime if I see the right thing. That way I don’t get stressed out.

Any Christmas disasters?
Yes once I cooked Christmas dinner when I was at university and the turkey didn’t cook through - so I put it in the microwave! It was awful! It tasted like a rubber chicken.

Best Christmas memory?
I’ve got so many, I had the best childhood. One of my mum’s traditions is to ring out a wet flannel above our faces whilst we’re still asleep - that’s how she wakes us up on Christmas Day! She screams ‘It’s Christmas’ as she’s doing it - it’s one of our traditions.

Christmas Day...cheese or chocolate?
Chocolate! It’s completely legal to eat it as soon as you are physically able to.

Sprouts...devil or delicious?
Delicious. Depends how you cook them - I like them with crispy bits of bacon.

Christmas Day...PJs or fancypants?
PJs - onesie! I just want to be comfy, more room for food!

If you could spend Christmas Day in any other country where would you spend it?
I love being away at Christmas actually. I usually go just after, so I have Christmas Day with the family and then I’ll go away. If it was for Christmas Day it’d be in a pine lodge somewhere so it still felt Christmasy. Then I’d fly somewhere hot the next day!

Favourite Christmas film?
The Snowman, although I have to fast forward the bit where he melts. It’s too much!

Favourite Christmas song or carol?
Away in a Manger.

Describe your perfect Christmas…
Being surrounded by my dearest friends and family with amazing food and lots of merriment!

What’s your favourite Corrie Christmas memory…
I do love a bit of drama...I think my favourite Christmas memory for Eva was when she ruined Nick and Leanne’s Christmas wedding. I loved doing that!

What would you like in your Christmas stocking?
I’ve asked for some new Tom Ford perfume, so hopefully that...and lots of smellies!

You have one spot left at the dinner table..Who would you give it to, anyone past or present?
Barbara Streisand! I love her. I’d ask her to give me a singing lesson because she’s technically amazing!





Deirdre: A Life on Coronation Street - official ITV tribute to a soap icon. Available here.


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...