Friday 26 May 2017

Kate Ford on working at Corrie: "We all get itchy feet"

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog May 2017, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Kate Ford, who plays Tracy Barlow in Coronation Street, gives a good interview to Sue Crawford in The Express this week.

She talks about the upcoming storyline where Tracy, Rob and Amy have gone on the run to the Peak District. We'll see those scenes unfold this week in the show.

The trio head for the Peak District, where they hide out in a cottage - but the scenes were actually filmed in Bolton.

“It was a B&B and the woman who owned it looked after me very well,” Kate smiles. “She bought me a bottle of wine and made me breakfast every morning. I had a cosy bed and a lovely room – it was a good week.”

And asked if she was happy to stay at Coronation Street, she said: “We all get itchy feet, but you’ve got to be practical – I’ve got a family and bills to pay and a good job here at Coronation Street. It doesn’t mean I won’t do other things one day,  but right now I have a child to support, so I have to prioritise.”

At 13, she appeared as an extra in a scene, but never for one minute imagined how the future would pan out. “Sometimes I still get that moment where I think, ‘Oh my goodness, I’m a Barlow!’” she smiles. “Coronation Street is an institution and I’m so proud to be part of it.”






Tvor @tvordlj on Twitter

1 comment:

kib said...

Gee, I'd like to know what episode she was in as a child.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...