Monday 22 May 2017

Why Coronation Street's Kirk is real-life romantic at heart

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog April 2017, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Andy Whyment, who plays Kirk Sutherland in Coronation Street, is on the front cover of this week's OK! magazine  talking about renewing his wedding vows.

Andy is pictured above with his wife and two children and here's the cover of OK! where he's featured too.
Andy married his wife Nichola in 2007 and they now have two children, eight year old Tom and six year old Hollie.
Speaking exclusively to OK! Magazine, Andy revealed the couple were set to cruise around the Caribbean to celebrate their 10 year anniversary.

He also discussed the possibility of renewing their wedding vows.

"If we got married again we’d probably have a different group of people there," he said. "When we got married, we were going out every weekend and now we just stay at home. So we have a very different group of friends. I would like to wait, but Nic would renew our vows tomorrow as she feels like she was a very young bride, so she would want to do it again."


The actor admits that he’s not the most romantic person in the world, but revealed how he knew his wife was The One.

"I fancied Nic for some time but nothing happened," he said. "Then we copped off one night and it wasn’t too long before I realised she was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I said in my wedding speech you just know when you meet the one, and that’s true. I’ve never felt the love I’ve felt for Nic."







Tvor @tvordlj on Twitter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...