Saturday 29 August 2015

Simon Gregson: 'I've got Betty's Hotpot recipe'

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog August 2015, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Simon Gregson, who plays Steve McDonald in Coronation Street, has the real recipe for hotpot. This isn't the hotpot Betty used to make in the Rovers Return, it's the one that actress Betty Driver gave to him. How lovely.

Simon said: “We’ve actually got the recipe for Betty’s hotpot. The recipe was written on a piece of paper she’d had for years. I’ve cooked her hotpot for my wife Emma and it was lovely. It’s now one of my signature dishes. But there was a lot of lard in it.”

In real life Betty Driver was a vegetarian.  There's a great vegan recipe for hotpot here which I can heartily recommend. I've made this a lot of times and each time it's great, it never disappoints, it's hearty and does you good. Much like Betty herself.



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...