Saturday 22 August 2015

What are your first memories of Coronation Street?

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog July 2015, reposted to this blog with permission.)

What are some of your first memories of watching Coronation Street?

I've been watching the show since before I can remember. Corrie was always part of our house, it was always on. I used to watch it with my mam and my grandma as my mam tutted at Elsie Tanner's antics and grandma and I relished in Elsie's naughtiness.

I can't recall any exact first moments or storylines, and the point at which I turned into a regular watcher is lost in the mists of time.

However, I must have tuned in properly around 1974, at the age of 10 years old. 1974 was the year that the women went to Majorca when Bet won on Spot the Ball, a storyline I remember, and love.   I also remember scenes of Elsie Tanner rinsing her stockings out in the kitchen sink, smoking, applying make-up and crying it off again.

What are your first memories of our favourite show?



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

1 comment:

Gayle said...

My first memories are of Mike Baldwin running a denim factory with Gail and Susie working in a jean store called the Western Front. I remember Renee Bradshaw (Alf's wife)running the corner shop. I also remember Len Fairclough owning the builder's yard with Ray Langton. Diedre was their secretary. My husband and I were living in an apartment building and I used to do my laundry on Sunday mornings. While my laundry was in the washer and dryer downstairs I turned on the TV to pass the time and discovered Coronation Street. I believe I was watching shows from the early 70's in Canada and we were quite a bit behind them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...