Saturday 7 July 2012

Twilight Zone on Coronation Street


I think the Coronation Street writers for Monday's episodes must have come from the twilight zone. Or maybe they were sat around a bottle of gin at the time, I don't know. A lot of things didn't make sense to me.

First, Deirdre seems to have completely forgotten that she was a councillor at one time, and everyone else had forgotten it too. Yet another writer fail, ignoring or not bothering to check history. You wonder what the actors think about some of this shoddy writing, don't you? It's little things like this that are even more annoying to me than an unbelievable storyline because it's so easy to do a little research.

There's no way the upstanding Kirsty would have helped Tyrone investigate a bent Councillor, illegally accessing bank records and rifling through the offices. I know she's impulsive but being a cop is very important to her. It's not that likely that a PC would be undercover is it? Maybe I'm wrong there.

Would Sunita really go shopping in 4 inch spike heels? I think not. Eva, maybe. And how does she think she'll have the house to herself to have a bit of rumpy pumpy with Karl? Asha isn't going with Dev and Aadi.

Mary suggests a corner shop isn't suitable for a young girl and reckons she should be in bed anyway. I didn't think the shop was open all that late? 8 or 9pm surely? Faye's not a toddler. And Mary making Faye shine shoes? Whose shoes? And stroppy Faye agreed to do it? I would have thought she'd have run out of the house across the street to her mother rather than put up with those "workhouse" type tactics.

Kevin asked Pam to mind the baby. In Sally's house. Huh? But I guess Kevin is still thinking with Mr. Happy, isn't he? He's willing to give up his baby to get his ex-wife back. Willing to give him to a senior couple. He thinks Sally can just ignore the baby living under her roof, letting him do all the work. He just needs to look at Peter Barlow to find out the result of dumping your child on relatives to be brought up.


I guess Brian's vasectomy took after all. My heart did break for Julie. I hope she's going to be ok.

Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

4 comments:

eps said...

Boy, I agree. The lack of continuity leads me to believe that the writers really just don't give a darn, however, we are expected to care/remain loyal. I often think that some of the writing is being done by folks who have not watched the show, have no historical perspective and are just collecting their paychecks. I find it hard to believe that there is no one on the staff
who proofs scripts. Maybe they should hire Ken.

Anonymous said...

The silly thing is, you can find much of the background information on any character just by typing their name into Wikipedia. I'd be happy if the writers would just do that occasionally.

Anonymous said...

The scene with Sunita and Karl demonstrated s lack of continuity within the same episode! Very sloppy! An earlier scene showed that Asha would be left at home.

Anonymous said...

Why didn't they just have Sunita insist that Asha go along on the trip With Dev and Aadi like she did when they went on the holiday? Although it sure isn't quality time for Asha! I did enjoy the line where Asha asked for a cash equivalent.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...