Tuesday 25 October 2011

Sally Dynevor named Celebrity Mum of the Year

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog February 2011, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Coronation Street's Sally Dynevor, who plays Sally Webster, has said being named Mum of the Year is better than winning a Bafta. The 47-year-old mother-of-three, who has battled breast cancer in real life as well as on screen as her soap character Sally Webster, will be honoured at the Tesco magazine Mum of the Year Awards ceremony at the Waldorf Hilton Hotel on Sunday.

Sally, who will join seven other inspirational mums who have been nominated by friends and family, said: "To me, to be told you're Mum of the Year is a million times better than winning a Bafta. I feel honoured to be in the company of the other nominees, their stories are incredibly humbling, and I'm just filled with awe for these amazing women. I have so much admiration for them."

The Corrie actress, mother to 15-year-old Waterloo Road star Pheobe Dynevor, 13-year-old Samuel and seven-year-old Harriet, has played Sally in the soap for 25 years, but when researching a breast cancer storyline in 2009, discovered a lump in her breast.

Sally said: "I thought there was absolutely no way that was what they were going to tell me; I thought I'd made it up in my own head because of the storyline, I was sure they had got it wrong. What surprised me most about discovering I had breast cancer was realising how much I love life. I'd never thought about my mortality before. Now I just want to enjoy every moment. I want to love even more than I've ever loved and embrace everything so much more. If I went and left this world and the kids said, 'We had a great childhood and loved our mum' that would mean everything to me. Being a mum is the greatest role I've had."

See also: Sally Dynevor ditches her Corrie wig

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...