Wednesday 9 January 2008

Annoyances

There are things about soaps that annoy me in spite of the fact that i do love them. I do know it's television and it's not real. I do know they take artistic license sometimes. But I do wish that they'd use a bit of reality when it comes to things legal with regards to real estate. Houses are bought and sold and the new owners moved in practically in a few hours. The latest load of tosh is Charlie Stubbs' estate.

Charlie dies. No will as far as we know. Even if there was one, it would take weeks or months to sort out. But no. Tracy isn't even convicted yet and the house is sold and a new family has moved in. I want to know who sold the house. None of his family came to the funeral though he's supposed to have had some. Wasn't he even supposed to have had a child from a former relationship/marraige? Mind you, nothing he told anyone could have bore any relationship to the truth since he bent and twisted it to meet his needs. That sob story about the younger brother who died from a drugs overdose was always suspect if you ask me.

If he died without a will, there's no way his estate would be in any shape or form to be able to sell the house and now, the business, this soon after his demise. No way. And there's been no word about the flat either unless he was renting that. I know he sub-let it to Maria but i don't know if he owned it or was renting it himself. We'll let that one go to the rent book in the sky.

Also, how on earth could Jason have continued to run the business? He almost certainly wouldn't have had any access to the bank accounts either to deposit payments made for jobs or to withdraw to pay for supplies much less his own payroll. He's no accountant either. He also wouldn't really know the ins and outs of running that business. Stupid stupid stupid.

I really hate when they do things that are just incomprehensible. I'll accept some things for "artistic lisence" like how the immigration department swooped in on the factory the day after Janice called them. A day which happened to be Good Friday though they were all working overtime in the factory. Then Vicky was given a hard time because she had to go home to get her passport. What about all the others? Did they have birth certificates or passports with them? I doubt it but i'll let that one go but only grudgingly. We'll forgive the fact that Janice wears the same grubby old jacket for years but has expensive manicures. The estate stuff really rubs me the wrong way, though.

Another thing that annoys me from time to time is the black hole where all the cars go at night. As far as i can recall, only Rita and Gail's houses have garages. Most of the residents have cars yet you only see one on the street when they come out of the house to drive somewhere or arrive from somewhere. Then it's conveniently parked outside. Any other time, it's invisible. There's barely room in the ginnel for the wheely bins to be taken out by the binmen. There's nothing behind the new houses aside from their gardens. Victoria Street is directly behind them and Streetcars takes up most of that parking space. Behind Streetcars, at the end of the street, you often see the gates of a brewery so no residential parking there either. Where are the cars?

I know i shouldn't really get so anal about these things. It *is* only tv and i'm willing to suspend disbelief a lot of the time. It's just that some things go beyond disbelief. I'll just get me coat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like to think all these fun 'details' happen on my bathroom/commercial breaks. I love your contribution to the corrieblog, and I think you are also on corrie.net? Or CSVU, I know I have seen you on a few things anyways, so thanks for all your postings where ever I do come across them! As a fellow Corrie fan, I also can go insane with the 'small stuff' the writers think we are too dumb to pick up on, but then I figure to move stories along, they have to take some liberties with our IQ and assume we just don't notice/care. I would love to see a battle over the business and home owned by Charlie, children and siblings and exwives/jilted girlfriends coming to claim rights. I am thinking in future something along those lines might happen to Dev with all his kids and shops. As for cars parked in front of houses, it bothered me about Roy and Hayley's vehicle. It only showed up for Becky and her boyfriend to steal, then they got it back, and where did it go again?
Anyway, the time is late, the wine is good, and I am babbling. Thanks again for all you contribute though, really have learned alot from your postings!

Tvor said...

Hi Lori, Yes that's me on corrieblog and corrienet too. I only post very very occasionally on csvu. Just too many boards and not enough time! Yes, for sure the writers take liberties with reality and most of the time i can look the other way. I notice little things like continuity fluffs which aren't annoying but just noticeable and most things i can let pass with a quick moan. Once in awhile though, something just rubs me the wrong way like this. Oh well, though, it's all part of the fun of watching!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...