Thursday 5 May 2011

Tram? What Tram?


(This post was originally posted by me on the Coronation Street Blog in July, 2010, reposted with permission.)

So a tram is going to crash off the viaduct and wreak carnage on the far end of Coronation Street? Isn't it odd that we see the tram going by in the opening credits (is it still there in the new HD credits? I must remember to look.) but we never *ever* see or hear the tram go by in the outdoor scenes of the show. (Or, we never used to but now, if you listen closely, you will actually hear the swoosh of it going by. Coincidence?) If they use CGI to add it to the opening credits, surely they could do the same once in awhile in the outdoor scenes or at least use some added sound effects like they do with the Underground in Eastenders.

Further to that point, how come nobody working in the temporary knicker factory complains about the noise of the tram going by overhead? Surely there must be some noise or vibration involved even if the viaduct surrounding the factory is brick. It can't be that well sound proofed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd first like to say that I absolutely love your blog and enjoy visiting it and keeping track of things in 'Canadian' time. It's rare to be able to read a Corrie site and not have plot happenings given away.

However, I have to admit that I am not a total fan of your recent switch to including some spoilers.



Granted, you do label them well and often they are not major spoilers but I still don't always like to read that characters are leaving ahead of time as it does give aspects of the plot away.

I know it's totally my choice to read or not read, but just thought I'd share this and wondered how others felt.

Thanks for your hard work.

Tvor said...

Thanks for your input. I"m glad you enjoy the blog!

I generally do try to keep it spoiler free and when i do spoilers, i always label them so you can skip the post.

It's hard to find a happy medium when some people really do want to know. This post about the Tram was a major exception to the rule because it was so well publicised, even here in Canada last December, when it happened in the UK, that I decided to post it. We will continue to make sure we warn in the post header that it contains spoilers.

Tiddsmom said...

Sean and Eileen were in the garden hanging washing on either Thursday or Friday's episode and I thought I heard the tram.

Turns out is was the builders working on Underworld but for a split second, I got excited.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...