Saturday 7 December 2013

Nit Picking on Corrie

At least two little niggly things jumped out at me this week and clearly, the writers don't do their research. I know it's nitpicking, but there you are.

First, I laughed at Todd grabbing the airport run and having a fistful of cash. Weatherfield is meant to stand in for Salford and anyone going to the airport is going to call a local company so the customer had to live in the general area. I've taken a mini cab from Salford to the Manchester airport lots of times and the most I've ever paid was about 25 pounds in the middle of the afternoon (with traffic) plus a few quid for a tip.

Now, it looked like Todd might have taken the customer in the evening so there'd be traffic but I've done the run in a cab in the middle of the afternoon and the traffic would be similar to what it would be in the evening post-rush hour. Todd wouldn't end up with a fist full of cash like he did.

The second niggle was over Deirdre's flight to Canada. Peter took her to the airport at 2 a.m. Excuse me? There are no 2 a.m. flights to anywhere in Canada from Manchester. There is no flight from Manchester to Canadian destinations where you'd have to check in that early in the morning. There aren't even any shuttle flights to London to catch a flight to Canada from there where you'd have to be there that early. I've looked at the departures on the website to confirm this.

It's overnight on the way back to the UK *from* Canada. The earliest flight from Manchester to London is about 6:30 a.m. on a weekday or thereabouts.

Trust me. I know these things. I'll just get me coat.





Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...