Saturday 16 December 2017

Victoria Ekaynoye: "I used to pretend I was on Corrie!"

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog December 2017, reposted to this blog with permission.)


Inside Soap magazine have the first of their two bumper double issues in the shops now.  It's well worth getting. I spent most of yesterday reading mine and finding out what was going to happen in not just the soaps, but the television schedule up to the week before Christmas too.

And in the double edition of the magazine this week, there's a great interview with Victoria Ekanoye, who plays Angie Appleton in Coronation Street.

Victoria says that she's loved Corrie ever since she was a kid. "I used to pretend I was in it," she says. "I love singing and I always used to make everything into a musical, so I'd do these Corrie musicals and make my mum watch. I'd play different roles but would always gravitate towards Bet Lynch, she was iconic."

Victoria also says that her mum is a huge Corrie fan and Mary is her mum's favourite character. Victoria says: "I'm like 'mum, you do know I'm in Corrie too, right?'

It's a good interview as it's all based around questions sent in by fans for Victoria to answer. You can read the full interview in this week's bumper double festive edition of Inside Soap magazine.







Tvor @tvordlj on Twitter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...