Wednesday 13 July 2011

A blast from Coronation Street's past


(This post was originally posted by Seapenguin on the Coronation Street Blog August, 2010, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Coronation Street has so many memorable storylines. I'm not likely to forget the current one with John Stape, and I think the forthcoming one involving the Windass's soldiering son Gary, played by the excellent Mikey North, is going to be really good. Anyone else have a favourite, or memorable for whatever reason, storyline?
Sometimes it isn't the really big ones that stick in your mind. I'm probably not going to remember the Underworld fire (though it was good!) but I will remember Stape standing next to that concreted-over sump hole. (By the way, what IS a sump hole?) And I'll always remember Eddie Windass in his dressing gown, recycling his rubbish (sigh!).

One cracker I'd clean forgotten about was mentioned in a comment recently. It involved the late lamented Fred Elliott, and fake Thai bride "Orchid"/Stacey Hilton, played by Casey Lee Jolleys. It wasn't that long ago, either - 2004 and 2006, and Casey Lee won a Heritage Award for best comedy performance in a soap opera. As far as I can gather, Casey Lee is now running a dance academy in Bolton.

2 comments:

Tiddsmom said...

I miss Fred. That family haven't been the same since he left the show

Tvor said...

I agree, they threw Graeme in the shop so Ash would have a "foil" but they don't show them enough and Claire is just a misery all the time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...