Monday 13 August 2012

John Michie on being a Street sex symbol

(This post was originally posted by me on the Coronation Street Blog in July 2012.)

John Michie, who plays Coronation Street's Karl Munro, gives a good interview to The Sun today and says he's a bit taken by surprise that young women find him sexy.

He says: “I was out with some of the boys in the cast a few weeks ago, somewhere I was a little bit too old to be, and I was stunned by the reaction of younger women. I thought to myself, ‘I should have joined this show ages ago!’ There is a lot of female affection for Karl. Fans want photos and kisses on the cheeks. There was a lot of attention and we caused a bit of a stir. I’m a middle-aged man but all these young women came up. It was quite flattering and very surprising.”

He also says the fan mail that comes in for him at Corrie is a bit racy too: "We get loads of fan mail. Because Karl has this young female following, the mail can get a bit steamy. It makes me blush, actually. I’m blushing now."

John says he hopes to stay in the soap as long as possible: “I’m loving it. As long as it carries on like this, I’m staying here. Why would you leave? I’ve been pretty busy for a few months, but if you’re in Corrie you might as well be in it and go for it. I’m happy to do as much as they throw my way, really.”


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

1 comment:

K Bron J said...

hell, I'm 30 and I think he's sexy. Not as sexy as Tommy Duckworth maybe, but I'd stick boink him if given the chance! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...