Wednesday 31 October 2012

Pics: Natalie Gumede gets a classy makeover

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog September 2012, reposted to this blog with permission.)
Coronation Street's Natalie Gumede, who plays nasty Kirsty Soames, has had a classy makeover for a photoshoot for Now Magazine.
 
"You can't be too concerned about what you look like or letting yourself go," said Gumede of playing violent, upsetting scenes in the soap. Sometimes real life is ugly - to show that, you have to forget your inhibitions. Alan [Halsall, who plays Tyrone] and I have a great relationship - he's funny, cheeky and upbeat, so that keeps us laughing between the tough scenes. It was upsetting for me the first couple of times I had to be violent as Kirsty."

"It was hard to get to that place and come out straightaway, so I stayed at work for a few hours drinking tea, just to come back down. I thought [the public would] hate me but I haven't been bashed over the head with a handbag or anything - yet! But people have shouted, 'Leave Tyrone alone!'"

Read the full feature in Now magazine, out today, Tuesday, September 18th.


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...