Wednesday 21 November 2012

Examining Marcus and Maria

There's a new love story in town and it's name is Marcus and Maria. It's a new twist on a standard soap love story. We've had odd couples before: Alf and Audrey, Ashley and Maxine, Kirk and, well.. anyone really. Roy and Hayley were probably the least likely couple yet they've turned into Coronation Street's couple with the most stable relationship, probably ever!

Most odd couples don't last and Marcus and Maria probably won't either. There has been some worried reactions among viewers that this is sending the wrong message out. I think this will be handled appropriate, and it will be done honestly and with sensitivity. We should sit back and see where it goes before we make any snap judgements. 

There's a bit more about how this happened and how I see it unfolding, over here.


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

1 comment:

50 and counting said...

I want it to work, I really do. But I see Sean as the evil villian in this one. I thought of evil fairy godmother, but that is so incorrect.

Maria needs a man who will love her for herself. And Marcus seems to be there.

What's even worse is the spam word verifcation is "used exit". I am not making this stuff up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...