Sunday 16 June 2013

Where is Corrie's Mandy?

(This post was originally posted by Graeme N on the Coronation Street Blog in June 2013.)

Just where has Mandy gone? A bit like Emily Bishop, and Audrey before her, another Corrie woman appears to have disappeared into the Weatherfield ether. There has been a somewhat lukewarm reaction to Lloyd's new partner so I'm also wondering if anybody actually cares?

It does seem rather odd that Mandy hasn't featured at all during the reopening of the Rovers episodes, especially given how she was touted as the new Betty. Surely the Rovers cook would have been involved as the pub opened up again post-fire?

There have been comments on this blog that Mandy doesn't really fit in, or that she isn't right for Lloyd. All I can say is that we need to actually see her on screen more often to decide on that! I think it would be great to see her interact more with other female characters in the Street - Gail, Sally or Eileen maybe?

So have you missed Mandy? Where do you think she's been hiding?



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't understand where she is either? I'm sorry I have absolutely nothing against the lovely actresses who portray Mandy and her daughter but they just don't fit into the street. Jenna and Sophie are so not believable as a couple. I thought Jenna was pushy and rude towards Sally and her wardrobe and the on-line dating thing. Is she supposed to be living at Sally's now? I think Sally is a very attractive woman for her age and she always looks very nice doesn't dress tarty like Liz used to.

Elaine said...

I liked Mandy and Jenna very much. It gave a refreshing side to the Street and it was also nice for Lloyd to have a story of his own! Bring them back - and LOSE STELLA!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I, too, was expecting Mandy to cook & serve at the reopening. I like Mandy & Jenna & think with some exposure & showing Mandy' s fun side will help them fit into our vision of the street. I don't want to lose Stella but give her some colour in her clothes & make up. Such a bland pub owner!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...