1. Always choose your seat on the bus carefully when you're on your work's night out.
Steve to Liz: “That woman is guilty of hideous crimes against beer!”
Todd finds his mum's replaced Eva: “It’s like they’ve lost Marilyn Monroe and found Nora Batty!”
6. It's perfectly possible to live in Milan all your life and have a Manchester accent, not an Italian one.
7. Be careful who you talk to on the internet. If it's Jeff from Dubai, unfriend him.
8. Never leave a burning candle unattended.
9. Gambling addiction and alcoholism can be cured by a bit of lippy and the love of a good man.
Any more? Leave your own personal favourites in the comments below!
Deirdre: A Life on Coronation Street - official ITV tribute to a soap icon. Available here.
Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook