Saturday 26 January 2013

Krissi Bohn - men's private parts and Coronation Street

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog January 2013, reposted to this blog with permission.)

There's a good interview in today's Sunday Mirror with Krissi Bohn, who plays Corrie newcomer Jenna Kamara.

Before she landed the role as Jenna in Corrie, Krissi worked in the NHS.  She says: “I don’t know how to put it ­politely, but I was looking at bums and willies. My acting skills came in very handy. The first time I had to say, ‘Lovely sir, if you’d just like to take your trousers and underwear down for me,’ was hard. In my head I was screaming, ‘Aagh, willies!’ because I’m still a ­childish person who can’t say rude words without laughing.” I can hardly read that sentence without giggling, too.

In real life Krissi spent the first 18 months of her life in an orphanage in Brazil before being adopted by white parents in ­Cornwall. She grew up with a younger brother Toby. Her mum Helen works with dyslexic adults and dad Mike is a ­retired council manager.

Krissi tells how she longed to be an actress but after struggling for six years, she realised her career was stalling.But having landed the Corrie job, she says: “On the Wednesday I was looking at men’s private parts and then on Friday I was in the Rovers Return, the most iconic pub in the world.”


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...