(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog March 2015, reposted to this blog with permission.)
Now then, you know I love Corrie. I’ve been watching it since I was
knee-high to a pint of stout. But being a Corrie fan is much like
supporting your favourite football team. Sometimes they’re top of the
Premier League and sometimes they’re bottom of the division having
scored too many own goals. You wish the players were moved about and
some of your favourites brought in from the subs bench. You call for the
manager to be sacked. But in your heart, you couldn’t ever change
allegiance. You just wish – and hope – that things will turn around.
They always do, it’s just a matter of waiting…
In the meantime, in no particular order, here are 10 things I love and 10 things I loathe about Corrie right now.
1. Faye's pregnancy storyline especially the involvement of Craig Tinker. Two cracking young actors.
2. Bethany Platt being back - this could be great (despite lack of Italian accent), especially when Sarah returns
3. Sally and Tim
4. Jenny Bradley being back
5. The Nazir women - Yasmeen and Alya
6. Classic characters I'll always enjoy - Roy Cropper, Gail McIntyre
7. The remaining fanciable men - Billy the vicar, Gary Windass
8. Les Dennis as Michael Rodwell
9. Steve and Michelle and their upcoming wedding
10.The remaining women with some gumption about them - Liz, Rita, Eileen, Julie, Tracy, Emily, Izzy, Audrey, Steph, Fat Brenda
1. Sinead being in hospital and the 'will she, won't she' walk again stuff. Of course she flaming will.
2. Fake Gavin/Andy. Just get it over with, please
3. Callum - surely the campest villain that Corrie's ever had, and not in a good way
4. David 'fighting for Max'
5. The Nazir men - Kal, Sharif, Zeedan
6. The chicken storyline. It might have worked as a storyline for Mavis and Derek in the 80s but it doesn't work now
7. Huge, important storylines that have been suddenly forgotten e.g. Nick's brain injury
8. Female characters with no point to them - Maria, Andrea, Sophie
9. Male characters I like but who are being much under-used - Tyrone, Kirk
10. Emily being given trite and dull things to say. She's a treasure, use her properly.
Agree? Disagree? Let's have your thoughts and your own 10 things you love and 10 things you loathe in the comments below.
Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook