Saturday 11 June 2016

Farewell Carla - what did you think of her send-off?

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog May 2016, reposted to this blog with permission.)

She's gone. After almost 10 years on Coronation Street, the queen of the knicker-stitchers is no more.  Who will take her place as Street siren, for surely someone must?  And who will move up into her apartment and poke her fire every now and then?

What did you make of her send-off though, last night? Was it as fitting as it should have been? And am I asking too many questions? I think, perhaps, I am.

There were some truly touching scenes and I've watched last night's farewell twice already as I get ready to pen the final page in the The Little Book of Carla Connor before it goes to the publisher today.

Roy, of course, brought the tear to my eye. 
 "You are who you are," he told her. "Don't lose that. Perhaps you could learn to love yourself as much as we love you. Fresh start, calmer water."
"Come and paddle," Carla said as she kissed him goodbye.
"I will," Roy replied.

It was a lovely ending, and one that was right, for Carla - at this time.  But having written the last 10 years of Carla in one little book, I've been reminded much of the woman she once was.   Corrie has never had anyone like her before and I doubt they will again.

And I miss that a lot.






Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...